It is with some relief that Pierre Ménès spoke of the verdict given by the Paris court on Wednesday. Targeted by 3 charges of sexual assault, the former star consultant of Canal + was sentenced to two months in prison suspended and was released in the other two cases. The 60-year-old journalist was sentenced on the strength of images showing him intertwining the hands of a saleswoman at the Nike store on the Champs-Élysées in October 2018.
This same saleswoman said that Pierre Ménès had ” glued his chest to (hers) (a check like in basketball, defended the ex-reporter of The Team) and that he had rubbed his sex against (his) buttocks “. Another saleswoman had accused him of patting him on the back. Finally, in November 2021, the evening of a PSG-Nantes, a stadium hostess said she had been touched ” from chest to stomach “, without then filing a complaint.
” The Park affair, 11 hours in police custody, an unprecedented media outburst, and here it is today, the result is in, I was cleared of 95% of the charges against me. The most important thing about this story of the Parc des Princes, which was a shameless lie and the proof was made during the hearing, is that on arrival I was reproached for having intertwined my hands in the hands of a Nike shop assistant “, reacts Ménès on his YouTube channel.
“That’s why I was on crutches at this trial”
If he does not know if he will still appeal this minimum sentence, without registration in the file of sex offenders and without a fine (“ you can’t have less, especially when you’re known “), Ménès recalls that after the scandal of the Parc des Princes, he had serious health problems.
” I have already paid dearly for this storyhe regrets. First by losing all my contracts then by falling seriously ill in April and May, with a stroke, a foot amputation last January (two toes, editor’s note). That’s why I was on crutches at this trial, even if I was blamed for that too. It was 3 days after my mom died. I wanted to be there to defend my honor and my innocence “.
Pierre Ménès has been immersed in a hell of a media turmoil since March 2021 and the documentary I’m not a bitch, I’m a journalist, of his former colleague Marie Portolano. Testimonies from this report are being investigated for sexual assault and sexual harassment. The star polemicist had been suspended from the air, before the termination of his contract on July 1, 2021.